Position: Director of Strategic Partnerships/Head of Sales, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas
Status: Full-time exempt
Location: National (remote is possible)
Start Date: June 2021
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income and immigrant parents can develop the literacy and language skills they need to help their children thrive. Our research-based curriculum incorporates child development and parent support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and health and wellness.
La Fuerza de Familias Latinas (La Fuerza) is our national program for Spanish-speaking parents, operating in partnership with Univision, Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors, the Clinton Foundation’s Too Small to Fail initiative, and many other partners. At the heart of the program is a series of family engagement workshops that serve as a bridge from school (or pre-school) to the home for Spanishspeaking parents and caregivers. The workshops can be delivered virtually or in-person by our staff or by partner agencies who are trained and supported by Literacy Partners.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships/Head of Sales will drive rapid growth in the La Fuerza program by helping us win contracts with K-12 school districts and Head Start oversight agencies across the country for family engagement and parent education services in Spanish. The Director will also build joint ventures with other educational providers to leverage their distribution networks to engage K-12 schools, libraries, and early childhood education programs. She or he will also identify and pitch national foundations and corporate sponsors. The Director will help La Fuerza transition from a “retail” strategy of working with partners one-by-one to a “wholesale” strategy of engaging multi-site partners and regional or national networks.
- Create and execute a business plan to scale La Fuerza from 50 sites in 4 cities to 200 sites in 20 cities over the next two years focusing on school districts, Head Start agencies, libraries, and national or regional educational services providers.
- Work closely with the Literacy Partners Senior Director for Marketing and Communications to create marketing and sales collateral to achieve the goals of the business plan.
- Work closely with the Literacy Partners Director of Institutional Giving to identify and track contracting, foundation funding, and corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborate with team members to prepare and submit compelling responses to contracting and funding opportunities to win funding.
- Establish and manage relationships with strategic partners (school districts, Head Start oversight agencies, library systems, foundation funders, corporate sponsors, and large-scale educational service providers) by creating cadence for communications and developing written agreements and other documents to govern the business relationships (MOUs, letters of agreement, data reporting protocols, etc).
- Use Salesforce to track leads and update key data for each partner in real-time.
- Model social justice values and cultural competence in the internal work environment and in
external, partner-facing venues.
Preferred Skills and Requirements
- Track record of success in sales and strategic partnerships with school districts, Head Start agencies, libraries, early childhood programs, foundations, and corporate partners
- Knowledge of education funding landscape, especially in Covid-19 recovery context
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Spanish-English bilingualism required but, exceptional English-only candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to learning Spanish will also be considered
- Well organized, good team player, and great sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
Depends on experience and aligned with internal equity among our current team
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply
Send resume and brief cover letter attached to email@example.com. Please include an acceptable salary range in the cover letter. Put “Director of Strategic Partnerships, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas” with your full name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled in June 2021