POSITION: Data &Administration Coordinator, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas
LOCATION: New York City (remote and in-person)
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $40,000-$44,999 (based on experience) and excellent benefits
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income parents develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum also incorporates child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and social-emotional growth.
La Fuerza de Familias Latinas (La Fuerza) is our national program for Spanish-speaking parents developed in partnership with Univision, based on the hit telenovela mini-series, La Fuerza de Creer. Our social impact extension inspires and supports Spanish-speaking families to promote their children’s early learning and social-emotional growth through educational workshops created in-language and in-culture. Our model celebrates and builds on the caregiving strengths of Latinx families. The Data & Administration Coordinator is a new administrative role. The goal of the position is to help the La Fuerza team achieve our growth and impact goals by processing data and administering projects to mobilize Spanish-speaking parents.
The Data & Administration Coordinator will update our customer management system, manage our book distribution program, support parent engagement, and provide administrative support to the National Director and Deputy Director. This position will play a major role in supporting our organizational culture of equity and excellence as our team expands.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations, this position is a member of the 7-person La Fuerza Team and will join the larger team at Literacy Partners, a diverse, social justice-oriented organization of 28 staff and more than 100 interns and volunteers.
● Update our Salesforce database and prepare reports
● Assist with parent recruiting and referrals serving as the first point of contact
● Distribute messages to parents through our WhatsApp messaging program
● Coordinate volunteers and oversee our book distribution program
● Coordinate administrative tasks, including list management, ordering supplies,
drafting documents, preparing packages for delivering, and scheduling Zoom and
phone calls as needed
● As needed, assist with projects, campaigns, meetings, and events
● Assist with team operations tasks and other assigned duties
● 1 year of experience in an administrative role
● Interest in learning Salesforce technology, including creating forms and reports
● Experience with Google Workspace, Canva, and remote office tools;
● Detail-oriented and committed to producing high-quality work and materials
● Excited about learning project management skills
● Outstanding organizational and time management skills
● Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English and Spanish
● Strong team player, with an ability to engage with diverse staff to gather and consolidate necessary information in a timely manner
● A self-motivated individual with the ability to excel in fast-paced work environments
● Remote working and ability to travel to office as needed
● Great sense of humor
Preferred Skills and Experience
● Experience with family or community engagement
● An understanding of plain language writing
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $40,000-$44,999 (based on experience)
● 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
● Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
● Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply:Send resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Put “La Fuerza Data & Administration Coordinator” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.