POSITION: Director of Communications
LOCATION: National (remote is possible; flexible work hours)
START DATE: Immediately
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income parents develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum also incorporates child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and social emotional growth.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who believes in our mission, is a high-performing communications and marketing professional especially for revenue-generating purposes, and has an excellent track record managing a team to achieve its goals.
Reporting to the Chief External Affairs Officer, and working closely with the Senior Director of Individual Giving, this position is a member of the Development-Marketing-Communications (DMC) Team and provides organizational leadership to promote our brand, expand and cultivate our base of financial support, and grow our network of influential friends and allies. The Director of Communications is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and will join our diverse, social justice oriented team of 28 staff and more than 150 interns and volunteers.
Goals of the Position
- Tell the story of Literacy Partners to connect with and expand our diverse audiences of supporters, program partners, potential students, external influencers, etc.
- Work in partnership with the development staff to execute marketing and promotion strategies that move people along engagement pathways (particularly conversions from supporters to donors)
- Establish a rigorous data analytics system that informs our strategies and overall donor segmentation efforts.
- Oversee the production of print and digital assets for fundraising campaigns, virtual events, our annual gala, and other activities; as well as collateral to support program goals and help our classes and initiatives succeed.
- Oversee the production and execution of direct mail and email campaigns which inspire people to become donors and active supporters.
- Ensure engaging, timely, and purposeful digital communications (annual report, newsletters, email marketing, social media, and website management).
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years experience in nonprofit communications (digital and print)
- 2+ years working on revenue-generating campaigns and activities
- Track record of data-driven strategies that result in measurable results in revenue growth and engagement pathway conversions
- Highly articulate and engaging communication skills across print, digital, and in-person mediums
- Excellent writer for diverse audiences; experience telling an organization’s story in a way that centers the voices of its constituency.
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency with digital communications platforms
- 2+ years experience managing teams and vendors
- Strong ability to collaborate, work successfully in a team, and in partnership with other teams
- Preferred skills: proficiency with Constant Contact and Google analytics
- Great sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary DOE
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply: Send resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Director of Communications” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible. Please include your earliest start day and salary requirement.
Mission-driven, family-friendly work environment. We focus on results and support our team with flexibility in hours and other work arrangements to get there.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.