Position: Director of Development
Status: Full-Time Position
Location: New York City (hybrid in-person and remote)
Start Date: Immediately
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income parents develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum also incorporates child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and social-emotional growth.
The Director of Development (DoD) is an exceptional and seasoned executive-level professional responsible for managing and overseeing the implementation of activities that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEAO), this position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will join our diverse, social justice-oriented team of 28 staff and more than 100 interns and volunteers.
● Support CEAO to develop and execute fundraising strategies and campaigns
● Operationalize development campaigns for individuals, corporations, foundations and communications
● Oversee, organize and implementation of fundraising and communications campaigns
● Oversee communications plan focused on donor cultivation and stewardship
● Execute annual fundraising plan for institutions and individuals
● Develop and maintain relationships for institutional and individual donors
● Develop and maintain relationships with program and administrative staff
● Supervise three staff
● Manage project consultants
● At least seven (7) years of professional experience in non-profit fundraising and development, particularly with securing gifts from institutional and individual sources
● Track record of excellent project management skills.
● Demonstrated experience exceling at data-driven strategizing and implementation to achieve measurable results in revenue growth
● Experience overseeing the production of effective fundraising, marketing, communications materials
● Excellent communications skills (written and oral), is dynamic, can pitch without inhibition, and is comfortable asking for big money
● Responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision and coaching of Development and Marketing staff and to successfully achieve organizational goals and objectives
● Has a sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: $100,000-$120,000
● 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
● Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
● Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply: Send resume with a brief cover letter attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Director of Development” with your name in the subject line.
Mission-driven, family-friendly work environment. We focus on results and support our team with flexibility in hours and other work arrangements to get there.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.