Attire: Festive Black Tie
The Evening of Readings and Gala Dinner Dance is Literacy Partners signature fundraising event. For more than 30 years, The Evening of Readings has brought together leaders from finance, media, and publishing to advance the mission of Literacy Partners. The brainchild of Liz Smith, and her dear friends Arnold Scaasi and Parker Ladd, the gala has also featured some of the most important writers of our time reading from their acclaimed and yet to be published works.
This year, we are delighted to honor the following outstanding individuals:
- Corporate Leadership Award – Mike Steib, CEO of XO Group, Inc., and author of The Career Manifesto.
- The Lizzie Award – Lesley Stahl, one of America’s most honored journalists, longtime “60 Minutes” correspondent and author of Becoming Grandma.
- Champion of Literacy Award – Andrea Davis Pinkney – NY Times bestselling author of over 20 books, and Vice President, Executive Editor at Scholastic.
We will also be treated to readings from:
- Tayari Jones, best selling author, from her critically acclaimed book, An American Marriage.
- Preet Bharara, former U.S. Attorney, from his forthcoming book Doing Justice: A Prosecutor’s Thoughts on Crime, Punishment and the Law.
Click here to see photos and media from past Galas.
To purchase a table, sponsorship or to make a contribution, email Allison Sciplin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (646) 237-0161.