POSITION: Digital Media Manager, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas
LOCATION: National (Remote)
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $56,000-$64,999 (based on experience) and excellent benefits
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income and immigrant parents can develop the literacy and language skills to help their children thrive. Our research-based curriculum incorporates child development and parent support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and health and wellness.
La Fuerza de Familias Latinas (La Fuerza) is our national program for Spanish-speaking parents developed in partnership with Univision, based on the hit telenovela mini-series, La Fuerza de Creer. Our social impact extension inspires and supports Spanish-speaking families to promote their children’s early learning and social-emotional growth through educational workshops created in-language and in-culture. Our model celebrates and builds on the caregiving strengths of Latinx families.
Our business model is transitioning from primarily “direct service” to parents to a business-to-business approach, in which we provide childhood development and education programs serving families of young children with training. We develop educational media and provide partners with an easy-to-use kit for them to implement La Fuerza parent education workshops to Spanish-speaking families in their community. We recently won a National Science Foundation grant to dramatically expand our program nationally and adapt the model to promote informal science learning among Latinx families alongside our current program enhancing early literacy skills.
The Digital Media Manager is a key role for the La Fuerza Team to develop digital media assets and chart the strategies to promote our services, effectively implementing these plans and monitor projects’ progress toward completion. The goal of this position also is to work with consultants and advisors to develop online tools and digital campaigns to expand our message and create content to nurture and promote our initiatives for Caregivers in Latinx communities and Partner organizations. This position will play a major role in supporting our organizational culture of equity and excellence as our team expands.
Reporting to the National Director of Education and Deputy Director of Operations. This position is a member of the 8-person La Fuerza Team and will join the larger team at Literacy Partners, a diverse, social justice-oriented organization of 28 staff and more than 100 interns and volunteers.
- Develop creative and compelling designs, graphic, department templates and bilingual content for La Fuerza´s internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and implement a strategy across digital channels, that includes but not limited to, social media, email marketing campaigns, web, instant messaging, learning management systems, and others as needed.
- Define media mix based on La Fuerza´s overall KPIs to build awareness, generate and engage leads, and audience retention.
- Maintain and regularly update La Fuerza´s bilingual website and learning management system.
- Regularly test, monitor and measure KPIs and ROI across all digital efforts making necessary improvements and adjustments (including SEO optimization) to our digital channels.
- Manage La Fuerza’s in-person and online presence at exhibitions and presentations and manage relationships with communications colleagues of partnering organizations as needed.
- Maintain day-to-day workflows according to marketing deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with digital media trends and developments.
- Collects stories from the field for documentation and to create audiovisual content.
- Manage vendor relationships and supervise volunteers and interns, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital media or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Digital media specialist or Digital marketing manager
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Deep knowledge of digital marketing tactics including social media advertising, paid search, programmatic display, and web and email marketing
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems
- Ability to analyze, integrate and segment digital marketing data for campaigns (digital and email marketing)
- Experience with Google Workspace, Canva, remote office tools and other media editing software
- Strong presentation skills (in-person and virtual settings)
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work in a remote start-up environment and across various time zones
- Deep cultural competence and commitment to racial and gender equity
- A creative problem-solver with a big heart and a great sense of humor
- Experience in educational business development serving school districts or health and social care sectors is a plus
- B2B experience is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: Full-Time $56,000-$65,000 (based on experience)
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply: Send resume with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Digital Media Manager” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible.
Mission-driven, family-friendly work environment. We focus on results and support our team with flexibility in hours and other work arrangements to get there.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.