POSITION: Multimedia Specialist
STATUS: Full-time exempt
LOCATION: New York City (remote temporarily)
START DATE: Immediately
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income parents develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum also incorporates child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and social emotional growth.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, this position is a member of the Development and Communications Team, and will join our diverse, social justice oriented organization of 27 staff and more than 100 interns and volunteers.
The Multimedia Specialist is in charge of developing various content materials for digital, print, web, and social media distribution including web page design, videos, infographics, flyers, brochures, annual reports, presentations and other marketing and communications items according to project and program needs.
The Multimedia Specialist is also responsible for adhering to project timelines and budgets, including the company’s policies and regulations.
Website Design & Management
- Lead our website update project to establish a new look and feel for our brand
- Design user-centered web pages/wireframes
- Develop/Design web pages on our WordPress website to promote our events and donation campaigns
- Conduct full SEO and Keywords audit of our website
- Execute full disability compliance of our website
- Review and report on monthly Google analytics
- Make periodic updates to our WordPress website as required
- Have basic coding knowledge and feel comfortable making front-end and back-end changes
- Know how to troubleshoot website and API-related issues
- Ability to configure Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Refresh our brand guide to reflect our new brand identity, style, tone and voice
- Design various marketing and communications materials for digital, print, web, and social media distribution including event invitations, event programs, Facebook ads, print ads, newsletters, brochures, presentations, infographics, annual reports, and other materials as needed
- Responsible for planning, filming, and editing videos that could be used for a variety of projects such as conducting student interviews, recording executive speeches, filming our events, and developing short promotional videos for web, digital, and social media distribution.
- Responsible for capturing and editing photos for various promotional purposes, including capturing candid photos of our classrooms, taking student headshots, and capturing photos of our events
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining our multimedia assets in our media library including photos, videos, graphics, and other collateral pieces
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3-5 years working as a multimedia professional, videographer, graphic designer or related field
- Have experience juggling multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Proficiency in WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, video editing software, and Google Analytics
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creative problem solver
- Great sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary DOE
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply: Send resume with a creative sample of your choice or link to creative portfolio to email@example.com. Put “Multimedia Specialist” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible. Please include your earliest start day and salary requirement.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.