POSITION: Parent Engagement & Special Projects Manager, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas
LOCATION: New York City (remote and in-person)
START DATE: Immediately
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income and immigrant parents can develop the literacy and language skills to help their children thrive. Our research-based curriculum incorporates child development and parent support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and health and wellness.
La Fuerza de Familias Latinas (La Fuerza) is our national program for Spanish-speaking parents developed in partnership with Univision, based on the hit telenovela mini-series, La Fuerza de Creer. Our social impact extension inspires and supports Spanish-speaking families to promote their children’s early learning and social-emotional growth through educational workshops created in-language and in-culture. Our model celebrates and builds on the caregiving strengths of Latinx families.
Parent Engagement & Special Projects Manager is a new program manager role. The goal of the position is to help the La Fuerza team achieve our growth and impact goals by managing parent engagement and oversee projects that support the department’s ability to impact Spanish-speaking parents. The Family Engagement Manager will develop a parent engagement program, oversee our customer management system, coordinate our book distribution program and provide administrative support to the Deputy Director to execute special projects. This position will play a major role in supporting our organizational culture of equity and excellence as our team expands.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations, this position is a member of the 8-person La Fuerza Team and will join the larger team at Literacy Partners, a diverse, social justice-oriented organization of 28 staff and more than 100 interns and volunteers.
- Manages a program to build relationships with our community of Spanish-speaking caregivers and establishes a supportive referral program.
- Presents the La Fuerza’s Parent Engagement program and results to parent advisors and stakeholders at events, conferences and meetings.
- Collaborates in strategy to mobilize parents on multiple channels such as messaging applications (i.e. WhatApp, Bright-by-Text, Univision texting), recruiting events and social media; and supporting these efforts by managing the timeline, disseminating messages and collateral, and tracking the parent journey with automated tools.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Volunteers & Home Libraries and book distribution partners to get bilingual books to Spanish-speaking families.
Data & Administration
- Oversees updates to customer management databases, creates surveys and forms, and prepares reports on the department’s KPIs to demonstrate achievement on our impact goals.
- Works with Outreach and Implementation Managers to develop a 12-month recruiting strategy for target communities across the US, identifying zip codes and partnering community-based organizations to support recruiting efforts.
- Project Manager for special initiatives related to the team’s involvement in exhibitions, conferences, campaigns and external events (i.e. booking travel, renting equipment, registration and reservations), as needed.
- Supports the Director of Operations in administrative tasks that benefit the team (i.e. as managing the inventory of supplies and technology, purchasing, printing materials, preparing documents and mailings, and coordinating team meetings), as needed.
- 2-3 year of experience in parent or community engagement
- Data-oriented approach to business problem-solving
- Interest in learning automation tools such as Jira, Salesforce and CRM’s
- Experience with Google Workspace, Canva, and remote office tools;
- Detail-oriented and committed to producing high-quality work and materials
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify the need for and create processes where none existed
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English and Spanish
- Strong team player, with an ability to engage with diverse staff to gather and consolidate necessary information in a timely manner
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to excel in fast-paced work environments
- Hybrid position: remote working and ability to travel to office as needed
- Great sense of humor
Preferred Skills and Experience
- An understanding of plain language writing
Compensation and Benefits
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply: Send resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Parent Engagement & Special Projects Manager” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.