POSITION:Program Manager of Outreach, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas
START DATE: June 2022
SALARY: $56,000-$65,000 (based on experience) and excellent benefits
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income parents develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum incorporates child development and parent support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and health and wellness.
La Fuerza de Familias Latinas (La Fuerza) is our national program for Spanish-speaking parents developed in partnership with Univision, based on the hit telenovela mini-series, La Fuerza de Creer. Our social impact extension inspires and supports Spanish-speaking families to promote their children’s early learning and social-emotional growth through educational workshops created in-language and in-culture. Our model celebrates and builds on the caregiving strengths of Latinx families.
Our business model is transitioning from “direct service” with parents and caregivers to primarily “B-to-B” in which we provide early childhood development programs with training and an easy-to-use kit for them to implement La Fuerza parent education workshops with the families they serve. We recently won a National Science Foundation grant to dramatically expand our program nationally and adapt the model to promote informal science learning among Latinx families alongside our current program enhancing early literacy skills.
About the Position
The Program Manager of Outreach will help the La Fuerza team achieve our growth and impact goals by identifying and building relationships with strategically aligned agencies serving Spanish-speaking caregivers. This position will promote our program, manage leads, and help us develop a powerful map of implementation partners in new cities. This position will help our national program grow while having a local impact on Latinx families. This position will play a major role in supporting our organizational culture of equity and excellence as our team expands.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager of Strategic Partnerships. This position is a member of the 8-person La Fuerza Team and will join the larger team at Literacy Partners, a diverse, social justice-oriented organization of 28 staff and more than 100 interns and volunteers.
- Manages the acquisition of leads for partners seeking direct service and professional development, government and community-based allies, parent-facing agencies, and referral sources.
- Qualifies leads through research, outreach calls and emails, hosting orientations and office hours, participating in exhibitions, and conducting needs assessments to expand the current database.
- Identifies buyer persona and implementation partners for grant initiatives, and creates presentation materials and nurturing campaigns according to the partner profile and sector.
- Uses demographic data to map outreach plans in new cities and tracks progress in target zip codes.
- Presents at collective impact meetings and builds a network of partners in target sectors and markets.
- Supports sales and partner enablement, and builds relationships to provide warm handshakes to the appropriate team members.
- Follows up through email, social selling, or outbound calls with prospects who interact with our content online or request information.
- Tracks relationships in CRM and project management tools and recommends partners for our national referral program.
- Collects stories from the field to document and share with our Development-Marketing-Communications Team.
- Supervises Volunteers and Interns, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant lead management experience;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish;
- Experience in building stakeholder coalitions
- Proficient in using demographic data and mapping
- Experience with Google Workspace, Canva, and remote office tools;
- Strong presentation skills (in-person and virtual settings);
- Proficiency in project management tools and strategies;
- A creative problem-solver with a big heart and a great sense of humor;
- Ability to work in a remote start-up environment and across various time zones;
- Deep cultural competence and commitment to racial and gender equity;
- Experience managing educational business development serving school districts or health and social care sectors is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: Full-Time $56,000-$65,000 (based on experience)
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply: Send resume with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “La Fuerza’s Program Manager of Outreach” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.