POSITION: Sr. ESOL Teacher
LOCATION: New York City, 5 boroughs
START DATE: November 13, 2023
SALARY: $60,000-76,000 (based on experience) and excellent benefits
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. Parents come to Literacy Partners to transform their lives and create a brighter future for their children through the power of literacy. They use our classes, workshops, and educational media to further develop the literacy and language skills they need to solve problems and achieve their goals. Our research-based curricula also incorporate child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early learning, school readiness, and social emotional growth.
● Teach English as a second language at various locations throughout the 5 boroughs to low-income, low-level adult, immigrant English learners who are primarily Spanish-speaking.
● Design and teach new curriculum related to digital literacy and workforce development in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
● Register students, conduct orientations, complete initial forms and test students using Best Plus 2.0.
● Develop, adapt and execute lesson plans that integrate workforce modules and digital literacy curriculum into all classes.
● Provide workforce counseling throughout the participant’s enrollment in the program and document all contact in case notes as well as all progress in organizational and governmental databases.
● Collaborate with various teams and agencies to ensure that students’ extracurricular needs are met through social service and referral systems.
● Coordinate services with an array of agencies, training providers, staff, volunteers and employers.
● at minimum a bachelor’s degree in TESOL followed by 2 yrs exp as an ESOL/TESOL teacher/instructor
● Best Plus 2.0 Certification.
● Must be willing to work within NYC’s 5 boroughs for in-person classroom teaching based on class location 2-3 days a week.
● 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
● Excellent medical, vision, and dental plan
● Employer-matched contributions to the retirement plan
How to Apply: Send resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Sr. ESOL Teacher” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employee