Position: Deputy Director of Operations, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas
Status: Full-time exempt
Location: National (remote is possible)
Start Date: June 2021
Reports to: National Director of Parent Education
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income and immigrant parents can develop the literacy and language skills they need to help their children thrive. Our research-based curriculum incorporates child development and parent support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and health and wellness.
La Fuerza de Familias Latinas (La Fuerza) is our national program for Spanish-speaking parents, operating in partnership with Univision, Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors, the Clinton Foundation’s Too Small to Fail initiative, and many other partners. At the heart of the program is a series of family engagement workshops that serve as a bridge from school (or pre-school) to the home for Spanish-speaking parents and caregivers. The workshops can be delivered virtually or in-person by our staff or by partner agencies who are trained and supported by Literacy Partners.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to help us maximize the reach and impact of La Fuerza in cities across the country. In particular, the Director of Operations will help develop a business plan for rapid growth over the next 24 months and ensure that our team is able to execute against all of the goals of the plan on-time and within the budget. She or he will develop, monitor, and/or run all the internal operational systems necessary for our team to achieve our ambitious goals, including workplans, budgets, purchasing, communications, etc.
The Director of Operations will report to the National Director of Parent Education and join the Director of Strategic Partnerships/Head of Sales as the La Fuerza leadership team with regular collaboration with the Literacy Partners Chief Program Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- In close collaboration with the Literacy Partners and La Fuerza leadership, teams develop a strategic plan to grow the reach and impact of La Fuerza over the next 24 months in a sustainable way
- Develop, oversee, and manage work plans for each of the goals of the strategic plan and support La Fuerza staff members to ensure they can achieve their milestones and numerical goals
- Manage multiple grants and contracts to ensure that La Fuerza is meeting or exceeding our deliverables within the designated timeframes and budgets
- Coordinate with senior staff to ensure that new business pitches and fundraising proposals are created to achieve revenue goals that will enable program expansion and sustainability
- Manage (and in some cases create) internal systems for:
- data collection and analysis
- staff recruitment, supervision and professional development
- internal and external communications
- external partnerships (MOUs, protocols)
- purchasing and vendor management
- Model social justice values and cross-cultural proficiency to contribute to an inclusive and
high-performance work environment
Preferred Skills and Requirements
- Bicultural and bilingual strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, 5+ Years Relevant Program Management Experience
- Strong Leadership and Organizational Skills,
- Demonstrated Program Management and Operations experience,
- Experience managing Educational Programs servings school districts is a plus
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish,
- Ability to represent the organization to prospective funders and other external stakeholders,
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, goal-oriented team environment.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Great sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
Annual Salary: DOE
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
How to Apply
Send resume and brief cover letter attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include an acceptable salary range in the cover letter. Put “Deputy Director, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas” with your full name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date in July 2021.