POSITION: Senior Program Manager of Training & Development, La Fuerza de Familias Latinas
START DATE: September 15, 2023
SALARY: $61,000-75,999 (based on experience) and excellent benefits
Literacy Partners strengthens families through a two-generation approach to education. With our free classes, community-based workshops, and educational media, low-income parents develop the literacy and language skills they need to succeed in today’s world. Our research-based curriculum also incorporates child development and parenting support to help parents boost their children’s early reading, school readiness, and social-emotional growth.
La Fuerza de Familias Latinas (La Fuerza) is our national program for Spanish-speaking parents developed in partnership with Univision, based on the hit telenovela mini-series, La Fuerza de Creer. Our educational workshops inspire and support Spanish-speaking families to promote their children’s early learning and social-emotional growth in-language and in-culture. Our model celebrates and builds on the caregiving strengths of Latinx families.
Our business model is transitioning from “direct service” with parents and caregivers to primarily “B-to-B,” providing early childhood development programs with training and an easy-to-use kit to implement La Fuerza parent education workshops with the families they serve. We recently won a National Science Foundation grant to dramatically expand our program nationally and adapt the model to promote informal science learning among Latinx families alongside our current program, enhancing early literacy skills.
We seek a dynamic and strategic Senior Manager of Training & Development to catalyze our success. This role encompasses two primary areas of work that are pivotal to our mission, both requiring exceptional leadership skills:
- Leadership in Development and Implementation: Lead the process of training and nurturing partner staff and facilitators to implement our programs effectively, aligned with our program’s core values, objectives, and strategies. Your role will encompass the following:
- Ensuring the adoption of best practices in facilitation, fidelity measures, and recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Collaborating with the Executive Director and Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships to cultivate strong partnerships with educational, early childhood, library, and healthcare partners.
- Optimizing product training and professional development strategies, plans, and coaching practices. Overseeing the execution of impactful workshops for caregivers, providing essential technical support and coaching for success.
- Leadership in Innovation and Program Improvement: Working closely with the Director of Operations and Executive Director to drive innovation and program enhancement. Your responsibilities include:
- Developing compelling training collateral and educational media assets, effectively promoting training offerings within target communities.
- Skillfully using workshop recruitment data, enrollment metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and return on investment (ROI) insights to steer continuous program enhancement.
- Employing data-driven strategies to inform impactful decisions that improve program outcomes.
Leadership Skills: Your success in these primary areas of work hinges on your exceptional leadership capabilities. You will:
- Function as an integral member of La Fuerza’s Senior Leadership Team, actively engaging in Strategic Planning, Evaluation, and Content working groups.
- Provide adept supervision and guidance to direct reports, including the Manager of Implementation, interns, and contracted facilitators, fostering a collaborative, growth-oriented team environment.
- Play a pivotal role in nurturing your team members’ professional growth and potential, offering insightful guidance to implement departmental strategies and best practices in the field.
- Expertly orchestrate the Parent Leadership program and convenings for the Facilitators’ Community of Practice, cultivating a knowledge-sharing culture and support among practitioners.
- Champion the organizational culture of equity and excellence as our team expands.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other teams at Literacy Partners, contributing actively to the broader organizational initiatives.
If you’re an innovative and proactive leader committed to driving positive change, we invite you to apply as our Senior Manager of Training & Development. Together, we can forge a lasting impact in the lives of those we serve.
- Bachelor’s Degree and possess 5+ years of relevant program management experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience as a program manager
- Familiarity with Zoom, Google Workspace, Canva, and remote office tools
- Strong presentation skills in-person and in virtual settings
- Experience teaching adult learners in informal and professional settings
- Track record of success managing direct reports and independent contractors
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Exceptional leadership and strong systems thinking
- Well-organized, motivated, able to work independently, and lead in a collaborative team
- Ability to navigate adaptive challenges and identify the needs of the team during strategic pivots
- A creative problem-solver with a big heart and a great sense of humor
- Ability to work in a remote start-up environment and across various time zones
- Ability to travel in and out of the state when needed
- Deep cultural competence and commitment to racial and gender equity
- Experience managing a training & development program serving school districts or health and social care sectors is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: Full-Time $61,000-75,999 (based on experience)
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to the retirement plan
How to Apply: Send a resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Put “La Fuerza Senior Manager of Training & Development” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date as soon as possible.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.